Friday

MUsings

I was talking to a newfound in-game friend, and he ... well ... not surprised to find out that I’m a girl. (So not the usual reaction I get from people when they find out that I’m a girl) and he was like... ang dami nang girls na adik sa MU ... 1 ka na dun. And he asked my way is that? ... and it got me thinking ... why is MU becoming really popular with girl gamers? Well, here are my best bets, being a girl myself...(at least, THESE are MY reasons for being hooked into the game)
1. Graphics. -Yup. I liked it better than the other games. It’s more...sophisticated. I think this what appeals to the more "mature" gamers. You’d grow old but not grow up.
2. Play + chat. -C'mon, even guys say that this is one of the things that got them hooked into the game. Killing monsters while talking to people? And not just to people around you but also to people on the other servers! It couldn't get any better than that! It’s like ... YM while playing!
3. Camera. -Yes. The camera being fixed is great. No nauseating whirls of the camera ... especially if you are not a kid of counterstrike. No more confusion on which button controls what. Really comes in handy if you have a mouse wheel and you just love scrolling the freakin' thing.
4. Game format. -It is very easy to control! Just click on the monster...then watch your character beat the shiznit outta it! It is so simple. And you could totally customize the build of your character. An energy knight, a super strong elf ... it's your call. But then of course, I don't recommend those kinds of builds.

These… they are just what instantly shot up my head when I got asked the question… why are you so hooked up? … Oh yeah, I forgot one very important thing … I get hooked because of the people I cross paths with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with all four reasons.
plus the friendships you gain.

Baltik said...

oist, lam mo naadik na ako. kasalanan mo to! /*nanisi daw ba?*/

eniwei, ayaw ko pa rin nung fixed camera ng mu. parang medyo static /*...hello? fixed nga di ba??malamang static yun*/

pasenya ka na, parating may comment ang konsensya ko. kakagulat no? may konsensya pala ako.

grabe nung binuff ako ni tyra, panis yung elite yeti sa akin. pero pag walang buffer lagi ako deds. /*read: i need a buffer>*/